CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 29 June 2008

The fruit and the tree...

I don't like kids, and we all know that too well. I especially despise kids who are misbehaved, annoying, spoilt, mean, weird, and ugly...

Well, I know one kid like that. He's a boy, 12.5 years old. Annoying as can be! Actually, let me rephrase that, he's almost as annoying as his disgusting father. Seriously. I'm not exagerrating and I'm not ashamed to use negative words to describe that family from hell... :) (Keep in mind that I'm a lovable creature in general).

So that kid, who you would imagine killing kittens, breaking windows, defacing public property, and bullying others in his spare time, decided to keep me company yesterday for about an hour. See, I am a kind creature or else I would have never let the brat sit next to me... And there I was, with my guard put up high, and with all the aforementioned activities coming up in my mind.. talking to the kid.

He saw me draw again. And he said nice things about my drawings... And I thought, wow... What's gotten into the brat?! He can actually be GOOD? (*just as a side note, that child is really one you'd be amazed to see do anything positive).

Then he decided to join me - he asked for a piece of paper, took some crayons and asked if he could watch me draw and learn from what he called 'the master.' So I thought, okay, no problem, let's do this.

As we were drawing, he said that his dream was ... to become... an ARTIST... !! (my jaw dropped imaginarily)... And then... even more jaw-droppingly, he said that he also wants to help endangered animals when he grows up.. WHAT??? My world was shattered... Is this the same kid? Mm-m-maybe some alien has taken over his body and is saying those things... Seriously...

I was amazed and mildly pleased. I also felt like a fool.

It just made me think about the old saying that "the fruit never falls far from the tree." The "tree" in this case - his father - is a scary, mean monster who bosses everyone around, shouts at his family, doesn't show any affection towards his son (or daughter), and is, so to say, almost as nice to have around as a bullet to your brain. No joke. He abuses that child, by the way.. he's just too aggressive and violent- sometimes he scares my parents and the other adults with his behaviour... yet no one is brave enough to oppose him. Evindetly, a kid which has been treated like crap all his life would likely become a psycho or a serial killer.. NOT an animal rescuer...?! Hmm... Well, hopefully the little boy will grow beyond his father's tyranny and will live a happy life somewhere in Africa alongside sleek cheetahs (his favorite animals)....

0 comments: